What is your favourite thing to eat in Autumn? My favourite thing to eat is a nice hot homemade soup with crusty bread and butter. I used to love coming home on a cold autumn day to a mug of my mum’s homemade lentil soup. Now that I live on my own I have to make my own soup and I thought I would share my favourite recipe with you!
- What you will need:
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 150g Red Lentils
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 100 ml Milk
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Put vegetable stock into a jug and add 1 litre of boiling water. Set aside to let the stock cube dissolve.
- Chop the onion and carrots into small pieces (you could also grate the carrots if you prefer).
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for three minutes.
- Stir in the chopped carrots, 150g red lentils, one litre of vegetable stock, 100ml milk and 1tsp cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a medium/low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, blend using a hand blender until the soup is smooth. Add water to thin out the soup if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls or put in an airtight tub and freeze.
To defrost the soup:
Defrost the soup overnight. When you are ready to eat the soup, place in the microwave for two minutes, stir and then microwave for another minute. Add boiled water to thin out the soup as the soup seems to thicken once chilled or frozen.
I love to take this soup to work or have it in the fridge ready to heat up when I get home. It’s healthy and really tasty, perfect for a cold Autumn day. I hope you liked this recipe. I showed you guys how to make it on Youtube so check out my video – https://youtu.be/GJgNKFMmKdA
Have a wonderful week, God bless, Eve x