I recently moved into a new flat and it has really encouraged me to start baking and cooking more. Baking and cooking really helps with my mental health and I love sharing what I have made with people. In todays post I will be sharing with you guys my homemade hobnob recipe. If you are not familiar with hobnobs they are an oat based biscuit from the UK and they’re delicious!
What you will need:
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 120g rolled oats
- 150g butter
- 1 large dessertspoon golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F)
- Sieve the self raising flour, caster sugar and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and then add the rolled oats. Mix these ingredients together.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a medium sized pan.
- Once melted, add the golden syrup.
- Gradually stir in the dry mixture until it is throughly mixed.
- Separate the mixture into 30 balls and place on a baking tray (be careful because the cookies will spread.)
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then tuck in!
Tip: Melt chocolate to cover the hobnobs once they have cooled down
This recipe is super quick and easy and they’re so delicious! If you have made them please DM me a photo of the biscuits or tag me in a photo of them on Instagram!
HOMEMADE HOBNOBS- https://youtu.be/CsRaL3r2i9I